|معرفی موسیقی دانان ایران: پژمان آذرمینا ١|
Residence: (020) 8374 3080
Mobile: 0799 079 8346 (preferred)
News: Three Concerts in London (Click for More Information)
· Qualified Santurist and Persian music scholar (Master Payvar’s graduate)
· Qualified Santur Instructor (by the Iranian Ministry of Culture and Arts).
· Holding an unconditional offer to study Ethnomusicology (MMus) at the School of Oriental and
African Studies (SOAS), University of London
· Performance in Tehran’s best music halls: 3 orchestral and more than 20 recitals.
· Records: Three albums (Goftogoo, Shabdiz and Old Persian Dances)
· Publications: Love Dynasty (multimedia Persian music education CDs), scores of Shabdiz and
Old Persian Dances, revision of Master Saba’s Repertoire, several critiques and research articles
in Iranian music journals.
· Presentations: 2 programmes for Tehran Cultural Radio; plenary speech for Master Faramarz Payvar’s
memorial; seminar at SOAS; open lectures on Western music history.
· Teaching: 7 years as qualified Santur instructor at private class and National Music
· Permanent member of Iranian Trade Union of Musicians and American Society for Composers,
Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
· ۱۹۸۴-۱۹۹۴, Master Payvar's Private School of Music: Graduate in Santur and Persian
· ۱۹۹۵-۱۹۹۶, Master Hossein Dehlavi's private class: Courses in harmony, modulation and song
· ۱۹۹۶-۱۹۹۷, Ahmad Pejman's private class: Courses in counterpoint and composition.
· ۱۹۹۵ (for a six months period), Ardeshir Rouhani's private class: Piano lessons
· ۱۹۹۲-۱۹۹۹, Tehran University of Medical Sciences: Doctorate in Medicine
Teaching and Instructing
· September 2002 – February 2003. National Music Conservatoire and Elmi-Karbordi Music
University, Tehran. Music Lecturer. Modules: Persian musical instruments, Santur
· July 1996 – March 2003. Private Class. Qualified Santur Instructor (by the Iranian Ministry
of Culture and Arts).
Music Performance and Presentations
· Performances: Five nights at Vahdat Hall for Grand Plectral Orchestra. Five nights at Roudaki
Hall. Three nights at Bahman Cultural House. Two nights at Arasbaran Cultural House. One
night at the Grand Hall of Tehran’s International Fair. Several performances at Tehran
۱٫ Chapkook Revisited. Memorial for Master Faramarz Payvar. February 2001. Faculty of
Fine Arts. Tehran University. [Guest speaker]
۲٫ Western Music History and Theory. 50 weekly open lectures and music analysis
sessions for a group of 20 medical students in 1998.
۳٫ An Introduction to Epic Music. Culture Radio. Night programme. 15 May 2002.
۴٫ An Introduction to Music Therapy. Culture Radio. Night programme. 27 August 2002.
۵٫ Chahar Mezrab: Analysis of a form. School of Oriental and African Studie s (SOAS). 15
October 2002. [guest speaker]
Records and Publications
· “Dialogue” (Goftogoo) [album]. Meshkat Music Publishers: Tehran. 1994.
· “Old Persian Dances” [album]. Kargah Musighi Publishers: Tehran. 1995.
· “Shabdiz” [album]. Charbagh Music Publishers. Tehran: 2000.
· Grandmaster Saba's Santur Repertoire [book]. Mahour Institute for Culture and Arts:
Tehran. 1999. [Rewriting and revision by P. Azarmina]
· “Old Persian Dances” [book-score]. Mahour Institute for Culture and Arts: Tehran. 2000.
· “Shabdiz” [book-score]. Part Music Press: Tehran, 2000.
· “Love Dynasty” [educational CD package]. Behandish Multimedia : Tehran. 1999.
· Azarmina P. Master Payvar’s Music School. Mahour Music Quarterly. Volume 6. Winter 2000.
· Azarmina P. Music critiques for classic concerts held in Niavaran Cultural House. Art of Music
(monthly). Volumes 10, 12, 17.
· Azarmina P. “East and West meet” is not a new idea. Payam Azadi Daily. Volume 163. 4
March 2000. (as a music critique)
· Permanent voting member of the Iranian Trade Union of Musicians (Khane-ye Mousighi) since
· Member of the grand plectra orchestra founded by Master Hossein Dehlavi (1992-94).
· Member of American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP) since 2001.
Interests and Hobbies
· Sports: Swimming, table tennis, walking and gym.
· Reading and watching: psychology and sociology texts, thought-provoking films
· Family and friends: spending time with my wife, family members and circle of friends.
Organizing outdoor and indoor activities.
From: Pejman Azarmina
Wednesday February 25, 2004